Thursday, September 8, 2011

Frosted Mason Jar Luminaries

I'm obsessed. There, I admitted it. I'm still going crazy with mason jars! The latest idea just sort of came to me; why not frost a mason jar to use as a luminary? And, why not add personalization? So, here we have a Frosted Mason Jar Luminary, personalized! On the first jar I did, I only used a single letter for personalization. Then I had a custom order through my Etsy shop for a full monogram, which is pictured above. I think I love that even more than the single letter! I fell in love immediately.

If you want to do it yourself, it's super easy. All you need is a mason jar, or an old spaghetti sauce/pickle/canning/whateverkindofjar, Frosted Glass Spray Paint (found at your local hardware store or Walmart),a tea light candle or LED tea light, and a way to monogram/personalize. I used my Pazzles die cut machine to cut out vinyl lettering, but you could also use paint, or good old fashioned glue and construction paper. I also used flat black spray paint to paint the ring of the lid to make it all matchy-matchy.

I'll try to put up a full tutorial with pictures and everything very soon, but that list should get you started! Have fun!

The picture above has an LED tea light in it. I just love the glow, and it even flickers a bit like a real candle would. So cute!


Like what you see? Never miss another post by subscribing to my blog via email! Also be sure to check out my other Tutorials. Enjoy!


Linked up at:

Join  us Saturdays at for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Deanna said...

These would be pretty table center pieces at a wedding with the happy couples initials too. Thanks for this idea and sharing!


Coley said...

what a great idea! I'm obsessed with anything mason jar related and this is great for so many things :)

PitterAndGlink said...

This is really pretty!

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

I love this idea. It's so pretty!


Carrie said...

This is so cute and creative! What font did you use? I love this!

shannon said...

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments! The font I used is Vine Monogram from Harold's Fonts. It's not a free font, but totally woth the purchase price. Thanks again!

Kansas Sunflower Girls said...

I love your jar! It looks very elegant.
Check out this post another similar idea:

Anonymous said...

so cute. did you just spray the outside?

Anonymous said...

Omg they would make awesome pumpkins for the sidewalk!!!