Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up - Thank You and Festival Recovery

If you came by the booth at the Kirkwood Spring Fling, thank you for visiting! Everything that was at the booth will be listed in the shop soon, including more Redneck Wine Glasses. If you're looking for the Kids' Aprons/Toolbelts, crayon rolls, or crayon tote bags, check out Katie's shop, Happy2Knit. As a special thank you, use the code "Kirkwood10" at checkout in my Etsy shop to receive 10% off your purchase! Now back to regularly scheduled blogging...


Wow, what a weekend. Yesterday, Saturday, I had a booth at the Kirkwood Spring Fling. I was the first festival I had done in a year and a half, and boy-o, I forgot how much work it could be! First you have to find a festival or artist market where you think your work or craft might fit in. Then you have to apply, and wait to be accepted. Once accepted, the fun really starts. You have to make sure you have enough inventory to last the day (or two, depending). I always go with the idea that it's better to have too much than not enough. Well, yesterday Katie and I had tons of stuff, and we sold a bunch, too. That's definitely a good thing. But even just sitting there all day, in the Georgia heat, chatting with people, working on the display repeatedly; its exhausting. Maybe I'm just getting old? It was a large-ibuprofen-before-bedtime kind of night, that's for sure.

Anyway, like I said, it was a great day. My partner-in-crime/sister-in-law Katie couldn't be with me, so I was by myself in working the booth all day. I stayed busy, forunately, but I didn't have much of a chance to walk around and see what other cool stuff was at the festival.

Today, Sunday, I'm just taking it easy. It's my recovery day! I've been working hard the last few weeks to prepare, so now I'm taking a bit of a break. Well, by break I mean I won't be crafting every night after bedtime, just enough to fill current orders from my Etsy shop.

Now I think i'll take a nap...

No comments: