Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sew Along for Japan Progress!




In my last post I mentioned I was joining in the Sew Along for Japan over on Living with Punks. It started on Monday, but of course that day turned out to be super crazy and I didn't get the 'Day 1' part finished (or even started). So, I'm a day behind!

Anyway, last night after the kids (finally!) went to bed, I got to work. Here's my progress so far:



My 4-year old, Pookie, picked out the fabrics; I think she did a great job! She gave her input on the hair colors as well, but by the time we got to the felt section at Joann's, she was a bit distracted ("Look, tiny hats!"). So, we quickly agreed on gold and brown.


Tonight comes the sewing part; I'm not sure if Pookie will be involved in that part or not. I may not be able to get anything done again until both kids are in bed...oh the life of a crafty mom. :)


Check back tomorrow to see more progress! And it's not too late to join in on the Sew Along - Go here for more details, and the steps up to this point. There's also a Giveaway for everyone who participates and links up.


Help brighten a Japanese child's day by making a super-cute shirt.

No comments: