Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Buttons, Buttons, Buttons...and Ribbon, too

I've gone crazy for covered buttons. Really. I dream about them. I think all day of things I could make with them when I get home. It's official, I'm Button Crazy. The good thing is, I have piles and piles of different size buttons, and I'm pretty sure even more are coming! Yay! So far, as you've seen, I've created the Super-Fun Covered Button Bracelets. I think that might have to be the official name for them. I'm currently waiting on more bracelets to arrive so I can make more of them and offer them at wholesale prices to local shops and boutiques. We're movin' up! I've also made a few Awesome Covered Button Ponytail Holders:Notice anything? This set is made to match the Chocolate and Cream Button Bracelet, also in the shop. These are so easy to make, I can watch TV while making them. What's next in Crazy Button-Land? Headbands, more badge reels, lots more pony-o's, a million more button bracelets, RINGS (that's right, I said rings), and Earrings! And whatever else I might think up.


Another obsession of mine seems to be ribbon. I have a ton of that as well, and collect it like some might collect stamps or matchbooks. I love using it, and have made lots of things with it, including Tag Blankets. Tag Blankets are one of the first things I started making when I first broke out my used sewing machine that I had bought 3 years before I actually used it. I made lots of Tag Blankets, out of adorable flannel fabrics, and they sold well for me, on Etsy and at local craft shows. Recently I received a note from Etsy Admin saying that they had removed my Tag Blanket listings, because they had been contacted by the Taggies company saying that anyone who was selling something similar to their product was in violation of their patent. Now, I love Etsy, and have respect for their policies, so I responded nicely saying I wouldn't post anything resembling a Taggies product again. However, I think Taggies is being ridiculous on this entire issue, and I will never buy any of their products. That's all I'm going to say about this, as it could get ugly. But, I wanted to let you all know why there are no longer Tag Blankets in my shop. If you're interested, please contact me.


No comments: