Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things I've Learned About Machine Embroidery

I have to admit I'm still new to machine embroidery. I have an awesome machine that I purchased back in February, but I still haven't figured out all of the ins and outs and what all it can do. I have a great program that I'm also still learning how to use. I absolutely love embroidering and creating things, it's such a great sense of accomplishment when something absolutely adorable comes out of my machine. In all of this, one thing I've learned is the most basic thing that we all learn in Kindergarten:

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

You would think that it would be a given, especially when you're using a machine that cost a pretty penny...even more so when that pretty penny was your very own.

So, when you're making a super-cute "in-the-hoop" project on your embroidery machine, follow the directions. Don't get ribbons caught in the presser foot. It could be ugly. :-)

No comments: