Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up - Crafting and Etsy

Here it is, Sunday again. Tomorrow I have to face the world again and deal with Monday. I'm not excited about it. I'd much rather stay home and play with the kids and squeeze in some crafty-type things. But, who wouldn't?

This weekend was a pretty good weekend, as they go. I spent a lot of time with my two little ones, did some grocery shopping...oh yeah, and some crafting! As I posted yesterday, I finally finished that cute little t-shirt that will brighten a little Japanese girl's day. That took up more time that I originally intended, so I didn't get some other things done that I had planned for the weekend. But that's okay.

I did have some sales in my Etsy shop, which I love. The picture at the top is of three orders all ready to go. There's no greater feeling than waking up in the morning and seeing an email that a purchase has been made overnight. I don't mean that in a boastful way, but it's the truth. I love it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that someone likes my "stuff" enough to buy it for their very own.


If you've never shopped on Etsy, I highly recommend it. It's a marketplace for handmade items that has really taken off over the last two years. There are so many unique items, it's just mind-boggling. Just do some random searches; you never know what you might find. If you're a crafter, I highly recommend setting up a shop. It's so easy to do, and you'll definitely benefit from it. In fact, this week I'm going to work on a post or two to help out Etsy shop owners make the most of their shops. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned a thing or two over the past few years of selling on Etsy.

I also finished a few more checkbook covers and card wallets, so they'll be up in the shop as soon as I'm able to get a few good pictures. It seems like by the time I get around to having a photoshoot, it's too dark for good pictures. I need to work on that.

So, in the coming week, check back for some great Etsy tips and tricks, and more crafty projects! I think I'm really going to like this Blog Challenge; it's going to keep me motivated to not only keep up with blogging, but to finish some projects as well.


Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: