Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother's Day Gift Ideas - A Guide

Mother's Day is rapidly approaching; in fact, I just realized today that it's only 2 weeks away! So, since I'm a consistent procrastinator, I decided to help out others who might be in the same boat by providing a quick list of great Mother's Day gift ideas. Mother's Day is May 8th, so if you're looking for something customized, you better get your orders in asap! Off we go...

Help mom keep up with her correspondence with the In Touch Clutch (tm) from DownstairsDesigns. This handy-dandy little clutch is super-versatile, and cute to boot! $28 for this great gift.

This is something that's on my own list, the Dainty Drops Necklace from The Vintage Pearl. It's sweet, simple, and holds your children close to your heart. And it's reasonably priced at $32.00 for one charm, or two charms for $45.00. Love it!




Another goody that I've been eyeballing for a while, a Perpetual Wooden Block Calendar from QueenVannaCreations. This one is "Country Kitchen Icons", but there are many others to choose from, and each only $19.00! There are lots of other fun items in her Etsy shop, so make sure you take a look at everything.
If your momma loves iced beverages like I do, especially iced mochas from a certain popular coffee franchise, then this is perfect! A Personalized Acrylic Double Walled Tumbler, with a straw, from little ol' me (my Etsy shop). She can use this cup over and over again and save a few disposable plastic cups in the process. I can do any font you choose, and currently have the following vinyl (for the personalization) colors available: pink (as shown), red, black, white, purple, ocean blue, brown, and kelly green. Only $12.00!



I love this Granny Square Messenger Bag from Happy2Knit! It reminds me of snuggling under my grandmother's afghans when I was little. This hand-crocheted bag is just the right size to carry everything you need, for $45.00. There are other fun goodies in this shop as well, like a crochet cupcake keychain!

Every mom deserves to be pampered, and what better way than a nice, all-natural, sugar scrub? This Saucy Scrub Sampler 4 Pack from Saucy Somethins is a great way to refresh mom's tired skin. For only $22.95, you get 4 4-ounce jars that are great for travel or the gym.

That about wraps up this edition. You may have noticed that these gift ideas came from Etsy - I can't promote handmade gifts enough! Support small businesses, crafters, and moms just trying to make a little extra money by shopping on Etsy. If you're looking for something unique for yourself or for a gift, there's no better place!

No comments: